Sunday, December 14, 2008


Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post. More than usual busyness at work + school holiday programs + a child with pneumonia + Christmas shopping + husband's company functions + being under the weather myself all add up to a frustrating period of no blogging! I actually worked on a post 3 different times, only to end up with incomplete thoughts and cramped up fingers. Sitting down to a quiet moment this evening though, I am realizing just how therapeutic being able to pour out onto paper (or computer screen) is.

During the past week God has reminded me of His love for me and all mankind. He has shown up in the kinds words of a stranger in the grocery store. He has shown up in a verse on a Christmas card from new friends. He's been there as I prayed for healing and strength for my daughter. He's been there in the conversation with a grieving friend. He has been in the smallest moments and the biggest events, intimate and close up.

The holidays are the time for "wonder and BELIEF". That may sound cliche' but even as our world seems so uncertain, the Lord's love for His children becomes more real. Ask Him to give you something to BELIEVE Him for this season. He will lay something on your heart and He desires to bring it to pass!


Believe in how much He truly loves you. Believe Him to reveal something new to you.

My girls went on the Polar Express trip in Bryson City, NC a couple weeks ago. They brought back their train ticket and it had the word "BELIEVE" printed along the inside border. I kept that ticket as a reminder of what the holidays mean to children and adults alike. Where there is hope, anything is possible!

Tonight's post is short but filled with dreams, BELIEF and expectancy for miracles this Christmas season.

2 comments:

Kay Martin said...

I loved this post. I especially loved the train ticket with "Believe" printed on it. Maybe we all need to hop on "BELIEVE" train.

Kelly said...

I believe! (Help me in my unbelief!) Wasn't it Peter who said that? I do believe, but sometimes my actions don't show it. May I show my belief more often.