Monday, January 19, 2009

Just Do It!


In my previous post I shared that God was not so gently nudging me to "get off the couch" on some areas of belief, to get active. He's really been challenging me to do the next thing with regard to some things I'm believing for, things I know He put in my heart.


When my mentor sent me scripture references for "active belief", James 1:22 was an obvious connect..."But be ye doers of the word and not hearers". Another reference she sent to me was a word the Jewish Sagesgave for our word proactive. The word "Zerizus" can be translated as enthusiastic diligence, joyful willpower. I have needed some "zerizus" in a few areas, how about you?


In today's post, I'm posing some questions to us all:

* What has God been nudging you to do?

* Who has He been asking you to forgive?

* What has He been daring you to dream and what's the first step He wants you to take toward that dream?

* What's He been asking you to lay down?

* Has He been asking you to trust Him with your finances through beginning to tithe?

* Has he laid a person on your heart who needs salvation?

* Who's He be leading you to ask to church?

* What old wound has he been wanting to heal but you won't look at?


Whatever it is, JUST DO IT!!


In our country right now, you can't turn on the tv or read an article without the word CHANGE coming up. What's God calling you to change so that you may experience a new level of closeness to Him; a new level of peace, a new level of joy, a new level of freedom. Change is almost never comfortable. Much like starting a new exercise program, you get stretching and pulled in unfamiliar directions. Most of the time, to get to the next level of where God is leading us, it requires some discomfort. I don't know about you, but I sure am ready for that next level.


"NIKE" is literally the greek word for action. So, let's borrow the tagline from the famous commercials, and JUST DO IT!

2 comments:

Kay Martin said...

No...I prefer to discuss it with all my friends. I want to read books about what I need to do. Then I want to plan every possible way to try it....I hate failure; if I don't start I think I haven't failed. I want to wait until I have that feeling inside me that motivates me. I want everyone to leave me alone while I do my tasks: no interruptions. I have a few hundred other "good" reasons why Just Do It cannot possibly apply to me.

O.k. it's early for sarcasm but you started my day with stepping on my toes...what else do you expect?

David Rupert said...

A call to action. But laziness is so appealing! Why do you have to write such things.... :)